Thursday, January 30, 2014

A Little Freedom

Facebook Freedom.  I had thought (very passively) from time to time about getting off of Facebook.  I knew I was spending wasting too much time scrolling through my feed and more over I was too often left feeling bad in one way or another after going there.  Either because of the content or just the fact that I had once again distracted myself and misused time that would be better spent elsewhere.  It was becoming one of those things where I knew I could and should do better but it was easier not to.  I never really allowed myself to think about it though.  

Then I found out a friend of mine had deleted her account and I really did think about it - at least a bit.  Was I afraid of something?  Was I afraid I'd miss something?  I'm not quite sure what the resistance was but I decided that I could at least try living without Facebook.  Perhaps the fact that it required such thought meant it was time to step away anyhow?  So after a few days of deciding I would deactivate my account (and not doing it) I began deleting pictures and content from my account.  For some reason I needed to make it into a project, but bottom line, I did it.  Now who knows whether anything was actually deleted or deactivated but I got my time back.  And the weird thing is...I don't care.  I haven't really had to get used to it or make any transition I just don't use Facebook any more. So - Yay for Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers