Friday, May 7, 2010

Don't You Just LOVE a Bargain?


Today by chance I saw a sign on the door of a Benjamin Moore paint store (on Rte 9 kind of across from A.C. Moore). I usually buy Behr paint at Home and Depot (as Jake calls it) but the sign said to ask about their 'mistake' paint that is $5 a gallon. So I did. They had three shelves in the back with gallons and quarts and glosses and flats and surprisingly... decent colors too! I found several variations of white and quite a few nice mossy or sage-y greens. Yah there were a few weird colors of yellow or pinkish, but most were seemingly usable 'normal' colors. I decided to go back with my hubby to see what gallons he might think we should get but I couldn't leave empty handed so I snagged a nice "Brandy Cream" quart of semi-gloss that will surely perk up trim around here somewhere. The friendly fellow behind the counter (who I didn't catch once making a face or rolling his eyes at Jake chattering and running around) put the can in the shaker for me and gave me a few stir sticks. AND he gave me a little "no charge ma'am" wave. Sweet! Now I'm DEFINITELY gonna go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers