Friday, February 25, 2011

Arrgh Maties!


The pirate (room) adventures continue. We've been doing bits and pieces for months (well we've also been doing nothing to the room for stretches too!) and are pretty close to calling it 'done' - then again when is anything every really "done" in a house? Here is some photographic proof that we have indeed (sorta) finished a pirate room!


We started with a wave pattern - darker 'water' below and 'sky' above then added an island and pirates...


The island wraps around the corner wall a bit...


Here's the back wall...


A wooden piratey name thing I made...


...and the 'phew! I finally finished it' addition ...the closet curtains. We took off the doors when we first made what was my office into the nursery. I was able to match fabric to the wall colors fairly well so now the water/sky design follows through the room.


I still need to do something to fix up the dresser because when it was a changing table, the changing pad scratched the heck out of the top. I also need to do something about the window curtain. I made what is supposed to be a big sail/mast as a curtain but I have to add a way to 'open' it in the daytime (right now it just gets flipped over the rod to let in what sun there is in February! I'll update when there's new news!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers