Tuesday, February 23, 2010

More Fun Food Facts


I drink too much (tea) and there's nothing like a nice cuppa tea and a lovely slice (or 5) of toast. But I have another tea companion love: goldfish. Yes the crackers. No not the cheese or pretzel or rainbow. It began with cinnamon goldfish, the perfect match of crunchy little cookie-ish bite with another of my favorites - cinnamon. Then yesterday at Target when I was restocking my cinnamon snack fix (on sale for $1.66 a bag) I happened upon vanilla goldfish. Now I have tea time goodness times two! And while I won't try to suggest that they are a 'healthy' snack, you can eat 50 of the little buggers for 140 calories. That's about a half cup and if you eat them one or two at a time between tea sips they really last and feel like more than they are. And the best part of all? My 2 year old thinks "goldfish" are the orange cheese crackers so he stays away from Mommy's stash. Win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers